Start Date: 19/06/2013
End Date: 19/06/2013
Venue: The Nowgen Centre, Manchester
This one-day course is aimed at researchers and scientists from
the NHS, academia and industry who require an introduction to next
generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
Delegates will learn about basics of NGS bioinformatics, data
quality control, read mapping and downstream analysis. Genomatix
will deliver a hands on session using their software system to
analyse NGS data.
• Describe the various stages of NGS data analysis workﬂows
• Explain the concepts of base calling, quality control and read
• Identify the various data ﬁle types such as fastq, BAM and SAM
• Understand the challenges of NGS for data transfer, processing
• Perform simple bioinformatics processes through practical
• Use the Genomatix Genome Analyser